I have been an active member of the Women’s Council from the get-go, and the other day I was thinking about all of the terrific women I’ve come to know through my WC activities. The more I get involved, the more terrific women I get to know. It’s you who draw me in.
I hope as a member of the Women’s Council you are taking advantage of the benefits of really getting active. Here are some ways to get started:
- The WILD Summit program committee needs producers. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more exhilarating opportunity, and all you have to do is email Kay Allison.
- The upcoming Leeds Connect is on October 11. Is it on your calendar?I guarantee you will meet someone interesting and probably leave with a coffee date.
- Check out our new Blog. Learn more about the Council and share what’s been on your mind. What a great way to help us get to know you.
- Please join us for the fall Women's Council All Council Meeting. Light breakfast and networking at 8:00 AM, meeting begins at 8:30 am ... and you aren't going to want to miss this one! We are holding round tables about issues that matter to our members. From equal pay for women to Leeds leadership to ways we can influence the lives of young professional women. We want to hear your ideas!
Thank you for all you do to keep the Women’s Council impactful. And if you haven’t yet found the right role, call me or anyone on the steering committee. We can put you on a path of active membership in which you will work with amazing women you’ll be glad you know.
All the best,
Women’s Council Chair
Looking for Public Relations and Programming Volunteers for WILD V
CHANGE is in the air! So, it’s only fitting we kick off WILD V with the theme of “change”. The Women’s Council is hosting its fifth annual Women Inspiring Leadership Development conference on February 24, 2017. We would love to have you be a part of this exciting event. If you have PR or Programming talent to share, please contact Rebecca Rose, WILD V Chair.
Save the Date for Buffs2Business – November 15
Engage in targeted networking with Leeds graduate students and peers at Buffs2Business, a casual and fun networking event designed to inspire and connect great students with incredible companies. Please join them on November 15 at Rembrandt Yard, 1301 Spruce Street, Boulder, CO 80302. Register Here
. Details to follow via the Women's Council website.
We are Looking for Committee Volunteers
- Our Membership Committee has been created to help interview, vet and onboard our potential members. If you are interested in serving on the committee, please email Betsy Doughty.
- The Events Committee has been established to help coordinate, promote, and create Women’s Council events throughout the year. To get involved please email Lindsay Sutula.
Our Own Betsy Doughty participating in YWCA Dancing with the Boulder Stars
It is an ongoing tradition that a member of the Women’s Council hit the stage with other Boulder “stars” at the YWCA’s annual fundraiser “Dancing with Boulder Stars”. Our very own Membership Chair Betsy Doughty is participating! The fundraiser is modeled after the hit TV show and features local 'celebrity' dancers teaming up with professional dance instructors. Participants will perform live at the Boulder Theater and the audience can vote for their favorite dancer(s) with donations. Whoever raises the most money wins. Betsy has committed to raising $5,000 by November 1
. Please join her in “saying yes” to helping support families in need by making a donation to YWCA Boulder County at http://www.ywcaboulder.org/dwbs/
or by attending the event and voting for her then.