Restaurant | Private Parties | Corporate Events | Wine Tasting Events | Cookery Workshops
Dear <<First Name>>,
I've been spending a lot of time in the vineyards and re-visiting many old friends. Wines and winemakers, unspoilt landscapes, local markets and a lot of fresh air gave rise to many delicious moments
- Apero and crudités of carrots with their tops on, parsley roots and a very mustardy vinaigrette. Three wobbly chairs;
- Dinner of fresh pork marinated in honey/tarragon/kefir grilled on a BBQ we made with stones and an old oven grill;
- A plate of romanian tomatoes so sweet they remind us why a tomato is a fruit not a vegetable, hand crafted balsamic vinegar, mountain thyme;
- A breakfast of made in the vineyard "leftovers frittata" with new potatoes, yellow beans and loboda;
- Wines were tasted and enjoyed sitting on the grass with the dogs and the tortoises for company: crisp Cramposie, luscious sparkling Rosé, sexy Sauvignon Blanc, bold white Cabernet Sauvignon, massively alcoholic Merlot and more from some of the finest winemakers in Romania. Three wobbly diners;
- The sound of cuckoos echoing across the vineyard, morning mist and pale sunshine at dawn. Strong coffee.
All of this painstaking effort and sacrifice has resulted in a set of wine tasting, gastronomy and heritage visits that you can enjoy too. Click here to see more.
It's that time of year for Romanian tomato gazpacho so please have a go and blitz it up. I feel like salad and the ginger, miso carrot dressing hits the spot. The multiseed crackers add ker-runch to any repast.
My food blog: Rachel’s Creative Kitchen
I thought you might like
A bit of perspective on superfood claims: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2014/jul/08/eight-most-outlandish-food-health-claims
A crib sheet on wine blends from the trail blazing wine blogger Madeline at Wine Folly
Wine & Food Events at The London Street Bistro & Atelier
Juicy Lucy's Cocktail Creations: 1700 Friday 25th
. Its summer. Its hot (in between the thunder storms) and its Friday. Gorgeous cocktails from our mistress of cocktails. See more here
What People say
Please do chime in with your comments and feedback on
or other places we don’t know about yet because its your ideas, critiques when we don’t get it quite right and suggestions that shape us. We kindly ask you to exercise objectivity and courtesy in your reviews and if there is anything not quite up to scratch please tell us straight away so we can try and resolve it on the spot and face to face too. Thanks!
More details on our website and facebook pages: