Dear <<First Name>>,
Sniffing fresh yeast, kneading the dough and watching it rise, inhaling the smell as you break open the hot loaf: from start to finish making bread is magic. Making bread is my earliest cooking memory and I never tire of it.
I thought you might like
The Hairy Bikers verge on an intimate relationship with a hazelnut & porcini sourdough loaf. click here to watch the clip
More big men, big hairy arms and big bread in this brilliant clip that shows an unkneaded (but not unneeded) loaf being made (its in French but it kind of supercedes language this one …just watch the bread ) click here to watch the clip
Codruta Popa the high priestess of sourdough (and not a big man with hairy arms) and her architectural breads. Works of art……I want to frame them. Ogle from a distance
Try this at home
Multiseed bread with hemp (“Canepa”) oil has to be a good thing. I’ve been making this a long time so finally here is the recipe. Read it here
Many of you have asked me to write about my suppliers and for info on where to buy stuff here so I’ve added a section on my blog now. First are the guys with Romania’s first Turbot farm and (hallelujah) local sustainable fish. They deliver in Bucharest too. Read More
- Weekend Brunch Sat & Sun featuring lots of hot bread that you can come and watch me bake (lend a hand actually come to think of it!) I’ve been feeding the sourdough monster so all set for some Thyme & Olive, Celeriac Ciabatta, OMG and dark beer with the Zaganu. Also some nifty spicy fish burgers Benedict with an avocado salsa and a re-jigged Full English with poached eggs, devilled mushrooms and our home made baked beans that don’t contain any sugar. Read more
- Small Beer : many of you asked and now here they are…some of England’s finest and just the thing to wash down breakfast.
- Vegan Fruit Cake with Crystallised Ginger – actually based on my Nana’s wartime recipe when people didn’t have any eggs. Somebody asked me to make some so if you would like a cake they are 25 Ron a cake which is a small loaf size approx. 400g. Call/email and collect at the weekend.
- Wine & Chocolate Dinner Friday 21st 7.30pm with Richard Fox – Read more
- Ladies Night Wednesday 26th 7.30pm Lots of new release Rosés and springy little nibbles for “Martisor” is upon us.
- Cook! Eat! Drink! Friday 28th 7.00pm Cook octopus salad, risottos and tiramisu and drink some top Italian wines. Read More
At a Glance
What People say
Chime in with your comments and feedback on
or other places we don’t know about yet because its your ideas and suggestions that shape us. Thanks!
More details on our website and facebook pages: