Beaujolais has wines to rival those of Burgundy yet this less well known region has become overshadowed by the "Beaujolais Nouveau" marketing phenomenon. This class is a great chance to study the wines and set them in context and Frederic is a real Beaujolais enthusiast.
About this Class:
• Beaujolais Region: between Burgundy and Côtes du Rhône.
• Taste and compare a Beaujolais Nouveau to a “Real” Beaujolais from a top Cru
• Set Beaujolais in context by comparing and contrasting with other light reds: Chianti and Bardolino
• Beaujolais Nouveau : marketing to boost sales or a long tradition?
• Taste using WSET tasting methodology and lexicon
• Take home tutorial notes & your tasting notes
Places are limited so must be booked in advance please by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or calling on 0736 933 531. Price is 150 Ron pp.
Who will teach: Class Tutor: Frederic Vigroux WSET III
What you will be tasting:
|Bardolino 2013 Monte del Frà
||Pinot Noir 2012 D.Haegi
|Chianti “Don Angelo” 2012 Fratelli Bellini
||Beaujolais Nouveau Villages 2014 Dupré
|Morgon Côte du Py 2011 Jean Foillard – import limited to 252 bt in Romania.
|Morgon Côte du Py Cuvée 3,14 2009 Jean Foillard – import limited to 24 bt in Romania.
WSET (the Wine & Spirit Education Trust) is the Industry's pre-eminent spirits and wine training body and is a UK organisation based in the City of London. It is now available increasingly across Europe. Frederic Vigroux is WSET level III qualified and is studying for the diploma level (highest level) and Rachel Sargent is WSET level II qualified with a special paper in food & wine matching.