The Forward March Festival is BACK and ready for YOU!
This year’s festival, Forward March Festival: unDONE, running Saturday March 25 and Sunday March 26, 2023, is asking artists and audiences to let go of what has been, and redefine how we connect with each other and our community.
We are seeking four emerging artist companies that are pushing boundaries and disrupting form, content, process and performance within their artistic practices.
Selected companies will receive an $8,000 commission fee to create an original 30-minute theatrical creation for young people that is site-specific to an outdoor location at Earlscourt Park in Toronto.
Commissioned companies will also have the opportunity to:
- Engage with Accessibility and Indigenous Consultants throughout the creation process;
- Collaborate with a guest director;
- Receive mentorship from Theatre Direct;
- Access free rehearsal space in Theatre Direct's Studio H;
- Network with other emerging artists and community partners;
- And, most importantly, have FUN!
Written OR video applications are welcome. Click the button below for the full call for submissions.
“Forward March was an amazing experience. It allowed me valuable insight into other artists’ creative processes and the festival’s focus on community made it a really beautiful and fun space for creative ideas to thrive.”
– Alia Rasul, FORWARD MARCH FESTIVAL 2022 ~ Stand in the Place Where You Live participant
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 18 @ 11:59PM EDT