|VOTE VOTE VOTE
Please help drive the message No On C
- Measure C is poorly drafted (legally ambiguous) and costly,
- Measure C will divert valuable city resources meant for fire protection, safe routes to schools and parks,
- Measure C will result in needless elections costing from $50,000 to $500,000 or legal defense.
- NO on Measure C has been endorsed by the LWV along with the following newspapers:
- The Daily Post
- The Mercury News
- Los Altos Town Crier
1. The No on C campaign will be mobilizing again the weekend before Election Day, Nov 3rd and 4th
meeting at the Chamber of Commerce Parking lot and Grant Park. People will be walking all day so join us for however much time you can contribute.
2. Leading up to Election Day (Nov 6th
), we need help stickering leaflets with polling locations.
If you can help, please email NoCforLosaltos@gmail.com
with your preferences: “canvass”, or “stickering”.
The Rise of Illiberal Democracies
- 11/07/2018 from 07:30 pm to 09:00 pm
- Los Altos Youth Center, 1 N. San Antonio Road, Los Altos
- Registration needed: No
At home and abroad, democracy is facing more serious challenges than at any time in the last several decades. Illiberal and anit-immigrant populists are gaining electoral momentum. Larry Diamond, Senior Fellow at the Hoover Institution and Stanford's Freeman Spogli Institute for International Studies, will analyze the scope of this gathering democratic crisis, the causes behind it, and what can be done to reverse it.
Doors open at 7 p.m. The program begins at 7:30 p.m.
Contact for more information: email@example.com
Upcoming Ongoing Committee, Team and Board Meetings
- November 20, 7 pm
- First Republic Bank, 400 South San Antonio Road, Los Altos
- Email Sue Graham firstname.lastname@example.org if questions.
League members welcome.
Housing Committee Meeting
Our chapter's Housing Committee regular meeting is the second Thursday of the month. The committee works locally in Mountain View and Los Altos to promote more Below Market Rate units and other city zoning and commercial development policies that increase affordable housing.
Voter Services Committee
- Thursday Jan 24, 2019, 2 PM
We are postponing meetings because of holidays. We will be working on a training program for a Voter Registration Program. The purpose will be to train ourselves to be prepared for the 2020 Presidential election cycle. Contact me if you want additional information.
- 11/10/2018 from 02:00 pm to 04:00 pm
- 120 Arbuelo Way, Los Altos
- Registration needed: No
We are reading The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels, by Jon Meacham and Fred Sanders. All members are welcome. Bring a friend.
Contact for more information: email@example.com