Beginning in September 2019, we will be switching our newsletter/activity guide back to being mailed bi-monthly, which means you will receive the newsletter/activity guide every two months instead of every three months like you currently do.
Also with this change, we are updating the website address where you can register online for activities. The new web address will change to: https://schedulesplus.com/lifemc/kiosk/. Please update your bookmarks. This website address will be updated before registration begins on Monday, August 12, 2019. All of your log-in information (phone numbers and pin numbers) will stay the same.
Beginning June 1, 2019, every time you renew your membership, you will need to update your personal information that we have on file. It is very helpful for LIFE to always have updated information regarding any changes of your address, phone numbers, staffing, emergency contacts and/or medical history.
Are you planning to take part in any Special Olympics Sports this year? The athlete application needs to be updated every 3 years so if you are not sure that your application needs updating, please contact the office. This form has some sections that must be signed by a guardian and you will also need a physical from your doctor.
You can view and/or download the Visions Newsletter & Activity Guide by clicking the button above. Copies were mailed out on Wednesday, May 8, 2019. It will also be available to download from www.lifemowercounty.org/news beginning on Monday, May 13, 2019. You can also pick up a copy at the LIFE Mower County office, the Austin Public Library or the Austin Park and Recreation office.
View and/or print the calendar at https://bit.ly/2ETIAOn
“Like” Us on Facebook (Search: LIFE Mower County or @LIFEMowerCounty)
Early Bird Drawing:
Register for any activity in August by July 31, 2019 and you will automatically be entered into a drawing to win a $10.00 activity certificate.
William N. was our winner last month. Congratulations William!!!
What Can I Register For Beginning July 15, 2019 at 9:00 am?
- You can register for any activity in August including Bingo, 4-H Adventure Club, End of Summer Picnic/Dance, Movie and Munchies and Open Center.
- You can register for any Community Connections trips in July and August including Ladies Night Out, Albert Lea Aquatic Center, Steele County Fair, Reba Concert and Dinner and a Movie.
September-October Activities, Community Connections and Special Olympics:
Begins August 12 at 9:00 am | Ends August 31, 2019 at 4:00 pm
How To Register For Activities:
- Online (Preferred Option): Visit https://schedulesplus.com/arcmower/kiosk. You will need to use your phone number and pin number (provided by LIFE Mower County) to log-in. This option offers you the most up-to-date information on your activities. Upon completion of your online registration you instantly know your status.
- In Person: Visit the LIFE office during regular business hours and the LIFE staff can register you for all of
the activities that you would like to attend.
- By Phone: You can contact the LIFE office at 507-433-8994 during regular business hours to register for all of the activities that you would like to attend.
Other Items of Interest:
- Membership: Cash, Checks payable to: LIFE Mower County,Credit/Debit Cards (A small fee will be applied)
- Mower County Special Olympics Activities: Cash, Checks payable to: LIFE Mower County, Credit/Debit Cards (A small fee will be applied)
- Our Place Recreation Center Activities: Pre-Pay Account, Cash, Checks payable to: LIFE Mower County, Credit/Debit Cards (A small fee will be applied)
- People First Aktion Club Activities: Cash, Checks payable to: People First Aktion Club
- Vacations: Cash, Checks payable to: LIFE Mower County, Credit/Debit Cards (A small fee will be applied)
- A great effort has been made to assure the accuracy of the information provided in our activity Guide. Due to the large amount of information, however, errors and changes may occur related to program schedules, locations, transportation and fees. LIFE Mower County reserves the right to make adjustments as necessary. LIFE Mower County will make every effort to notify participants of changes and corrections as quickly and efficiently as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience our errors may cause.
- A weekly email reminder is sent out on Saturday evening around 11:00pm with a list of the activities that you have signed up for the following week. This email also shows your status and if fees need to be paid.
- Beginning March 1, 2019, if you see the error message (We are sorry, but you are not currently eligible to register for activities online because you have a balance due. Please contact our office for more information.) when you are registering online, this means you have attended activities in the past and we have not received payment for those activities. You need to pay for those activities before you can register for any more
activities. Please note that this does not include activities that are in the future, such as, Special Olympics sports, vacations, or other activities.
- Don’t forget to mail or drop off your payment after registering.
All fees must be paid by the date of the activity or a $5.00 late fee will be added.
- Registrations and payments will not be accepted at any activities. Please use the drop box by the main entrance to drop payments off after business hours.
- Scholarships are available: Looking forward to that special activity, but it’s slightly out of your budget? Not to worry, we have the solution for you! Call LIFE Mower County at 507-433-8994 to request a scholarship or setup a payment plan before the event.
- What if I miss registration? Please contact LIFE Mower County at 507-433-8994 so we can confirm if there are openings left in the activities that you would like to register for.