IVCO 2014 PERU
Save the Date: October 19-22 2014
The International Forum for Volunteering in Development, World University Service of Canada, and the Center for International Study and Cooperation will host IVCO, the annual conference on international volunteering, from October 19-22, in Lima, Peru. The IVCO 2014 theme is:
Volunteering in a convergent world: fostering cross-sector collaborations towards sustainable development solutions
Cross-sector collaboration amongst public, private, academic and civil society sectors is increasingly shaping the post-2015 agenda. The conference will explore how volunteering is part of this convergence trend towards development.
The IVCO 2014 sub-themes are:
- The role of international volunteering in the global partnership for the post 2015 SDGs
- Cross-sector collaboration and volunteering in Latin America and the Caribbean region
- Working with youth: cross-sector collaborations addressing youth employment and inclusion issues
- Working with businesses on sustainable development solutions
- Up to 120 participants and international speakers representing the diversity of sectors engaged in development
- Simultaneous interpretation of all the plenaries and most of the breakout sessions in English, Spanish and French
- Workshops with speakers and partners from different sectors to share cross-sector collaboration tools and best practices
- A research forum on international volunteering
If you want to be ready for a convergent world, you should attend IVCO 2014.
Registration will start May 2014.Visit www.wusc.ca and www.forum-ids.org