Forum has contributed to the following key dialogues in the past month
Submission One, 3rd March, 2014:
Forum message in response to: The Post-2015 Development Agenda: Setting the Stage! High Level and Thematic Debates of the President of the 68th session of the United Nations General Assembly
- A Facebook message was shared by Forum to John W. Ashe President of the 68th Session of United Nations General Assembly "Setting the Stage".
- An edited version of this message was also added to the Forum news page on the 4th March, 2014 and can be found here: http://forum-ids.org/?p=6688
Submission Two, 14th March, 2014:
Forum responded to the “focus areas document” as prepared by The Open Working Group (OWG) on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- There were two options for submitting feedback to the focus areas document:
- Via feedback to the overall document (400 words).
- Via feedback on specific focus areas (400 words each).
- Forum submitted both overall feedback to the document, as well as, feedback addressing four specific focus areas:
- Focus area response on 5 – gender equality and women’s empowerment.
- Focus areas response on 12 – promoting equality.
- Focus areas response on 19 – peaceful and non-violent societies, capable institutions.
- Focus areas response on 18 – means of implementation.
Submission Three, 28th March, 2014:
Forum prepared a submission to the draft report on Indicators for Sustainable Development Goals as prepared by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network, a global initiative of the United Nations.