Partnerships in the oilfield
Aboriginal Oil & Gas Forum to address issues of oil price drop and opportunities
Building on the success of past programs, this yearâ€™s Aboriginal Oil & Gas Forum will focus on strategies designed to find new means to ensure Canadaâ€™s First Peoples interests are reflected in the policy and legal aspect of this industry; while creating new means for collaboration and business creation. Attendees will leave with an insightful and practical look at the key changes that are unfolding, but also how different groups have adapted and overcome this difficult time.
This is a unique opportunity to meet representatives from the Aboriginal community, oil and gas industry, government, and other key stakeholders to discuss practical steps that address how to continue growth in this volatile industry.
(Click here or on image at right to register online.)
5 Reasons To Attend ...You will learn about:
- Adapting your business to the ever changing economic environment;
- Building capacity for better governance and wealth management;
- Developing mutually beneficial joint ventures;
- Ensuring the respect of traditional knowledge in extractive projects;
- Means for financing small & medium sized businesses on and off the Reserve.
- Engaging Indigenous communities to actively participate in resource development;
- Identify critical pathways to achieving your communityâ€™s goals;
- Effective protocols for the creation and implementation of impact benefit agreements;
- How to integrate traditional knowledge into environmental sustainability projects;
- Revenue sharing models: weighing risk, participation, partnership, ownership and commitment;
- Leveraging resource opportunities into sustainable, long-term economic growth within Aboriginal communities;
- Advancing relationships with neighbouring communities to increase capital and participatory strength.
Who Should Attend From the Private Sector:
- Consultants, Policy Advisors and Regulators;
- Legal Counsel Practicing Aboriginal, Environmental, and Natural Resource Law;
- Senior Executives, Directors and Managers in:
- Capital Projects and Infrastructure
- Energy and Oil & Gas
For more information visit their website.