EBTC 10th Anniversary Symposium:
10am-12pm EST, Thursday 11 November 2021
Evidence-based toxicology: past, present, and future
EBTC was founded in 2011, so we have just turned 10! Entering our next decade, we would like to look back at the history of evidence-based methods in toxicology, how EBTC has contributed to the field, hear our stakeholders and members' perspectives on where they are on this journey, and get feedback on what EBTC's role in the next decade should be.
- Introduction (Dr Marty Stephens)
- History of Evidence-based Toxicology movement and application in diverse fields (Professor Thomas Hartung, Founder of EBTC)
Break and fun quiz!
- History of implementation of Systematic Review methods at US EPA IRIS (Dr Kris Thayer, Director, Chemical & Pollutant Assessment Division, US Environmental Protection Agency)
- Systematic Review methodologies at EFSA (Dr Didier Verloo, Head of Assessment and methodological support Unit, EFSA)
- Certainty in evidence for environmental health claims (Professor Holger Schunemann, Director, McMaster GRADE Centre and Cochrane Canada)
- Artificial Intelligence and the future of EBT (Dr Michelle Angrish, Toxicologist, US EPA)
Panel with users of evidence, including: Dr Richard Brown (WHO), Dr Tala Henry (US EPA, TBC)), Dr Bette Meek (Uiversity of Ottawa, OECD AOP program). Moderated by Jack Fowle, EBTC Board Chair moderator.