TOP TIPS FOR A FANTASTIC FINANCIAL YEAR
Happy New Financial Year! July is a great opportunity to set yourself up financially - to revisit your money goals, see if youâ€™re on track, and make some new money resolutions to work towards.
Review last year
Set aside some quality time to work on your finances to see long term results. Have a look at:
- How did you go with your financial goals?
- What are you paying for insurances & utilities?
- Do you have the best rate on your mortgage?
- Where can you reduce expenses?
- Where can you increase your income?
- How are you going to achieve your financial goals?
- What's your plan?
Set your budget
If you put off setting your budget because it's too hard, come and see us. We can show you how to prepare and manage your budget so you can get to where you want to go.
Set your goals
What do you want to achieve this year? Without having a goal of where you want to get to, how can you ever expect to get there? Do you want a holiday? Better control of your finances? More Super? Property? Investments? Write them down and put them up so you can maintain focus when 'financial distractions' come up.
Make a concerted effort to reduce your credit card debt. The best way to avoid paying loads in interest is to pay off your credit cards. Consolidate loans where you can and investigate interest you are paying.
Deal with your debts
One of the best ways to build your savings is to set up an automatic transfer from your bank account as soon as you get it â€“ that way you donâ€™t see it, and canâ€™t spend it. The impact compounding interest can have over a number of years can make a huge impact.
Build your wealth
If you don't have a strategy in place to build your wealth, come and see us. It pays to get peace of mind that you're on the right track to achieve your goals.
Sort your Super
As one of your assets, it makes sense to give your Super some consideration and ensure itâ€™s working for you.
If you would like more information or advice on any of the above, get in touch and make a time to come and see us.
- Consolidate your funds to avoid unnecessary fees
- Compare with other funds to ensure your super is competitive
- Is your investment level appropriate? Get expert advice on the best for you right now.