Dear friend of Purple Cake Day
We hope planning for the new year is going well. If it helps, they say the best plans
are the ones that can change along the way
As a past supporter of Purple Cake Day we wanted to forward you this year's Free Classroom Resource Kit
to help with planning.
Here are three reasons why these resources might make you smile.
1. They will fit your classroom
Purple Cake Day Resources are multilevel, multidisciplinary and designed to be adaptable and flexible enough
for teachers in any school, anywhere. Please take from them freely, and tailor the contents
to your own requirements.
2. They will fit your curriculum
Developed by a team of educators
these resources support the core educational values of encouraging "innovation, inquiry and curiosity" in students. They stimulate "critical thinking and discussion
relevant to key competencies"
across a wide range of curriculum areas.
3. And they generate some pretty interesting (and fun) results
Self-directed student research encourages young people to plan their courses of action and develop their ideas into practical outcomes.
- “I can't begin to tell you how into the Haiti project the kids were. They made videos, wrote blogs and learned songs.” - Laura Nalder (Teacher) Pt. England School
- "Purple Cake Day really stood out for me," said 12 year old Skylar from Samuel Marsden Collegiate, "because it's about children helping other children."
Through Purple Cake Day, thousands of students have participated, learnt, celebrated and made connections with the kids they support in Kenya, Haiti and Nepal – learning about generosity, compassion, respect and an awareness of others.
As our patron Dame Suzie Moncrieff puts it: “Instilling these values in our children is priceless.”
Want to get involved?
to learn more about the theme for 2015 and ways to be involved.
is our '2015 Global Day of Action'.
This kicks off the purple year, but you can 'go purple'
any day that suits you or your school throughout the year.
And don't forget to check out our Classroom Resources>>
Emily and the Purple Cake Day team
"Kids helping kids"
ps We'd be happy to answer any questions, please contact Sandrine: firstname.lastname@example.org