by Jason Burdge
The rest of 2015 is looking to be a great year for MFPA! We have several exciting events and projects being planned to give back to our community and to better support all foster caregivers in Marin. Here are some important events and dates for your calendar:
- QPI meeting #4: April 7 â€“ We will be finalizing our county brand statement and beginning our discussion on putting our goals into actions.
- MFPA Board Meeting and community meeting: Saturday, April 25. 10:00 am to noon. Elections and a public forum.
- Annual Meet & Greet: May, date to be announced. Awards for Foster Parent and Social Worker of the Year and social.
- MFPAâ€™s â€œWalk Me Homeâ€¦to the place I belongâ€ community walk event. May 30 at the Bay Area Discovery Museum. A fundraising walk-a-thon to support MFPA. All participants will receive free admission to the Museum. More details to come!
- Annual Association Picnic. June, exact date will be announced soon.
- Concert Fundraiser. September 20, Hopmonk Tavern in Novato. More details coming soon. Live band, food, raffle, and a silent auction.
- 2015 Resource Fair. October. A full day of education, workshops, and a resource fair for all caregivers and the broader community.
Nominations are still being accepted for the Vice-President and Co-Secretary positions. Please consider running for office or volunteering to be on one of the committees. We have many amazing volunteers but we need more! Send your nominations to President@mfpa.net.
Thanks for your support and dedication to foster youth and children of Marin County.