International Forum on "Migration and Peace"
Address by Pope Francis
Migration, in its various forms, is not a new phenomenon in humanity’s history. It has left its mark on every age, encouraging encounter between peoples and the birth of new civilizations. In its essence, to migrate is the expression of that inherent desire for the happiness proper to every human being, a happiness that is to be sought and pursued...
The beginning of this third millennium is very much characterized by migratory movement which, in terms of origin, transit and destination, involves nearly every part of the world. Unfortunately, in the majority of cases this movement is forced, caused by conflict, natural disasters, persecution, climate change, violence, extreme poverty and inhumane living conditions.
To keep reading, click here
National Conference on Pastoral Care in a Multicultural Church and Society
Save the Date: 19-20 July 2017
- Cardinal Peter Turkson - Prefect of the Dicastery for the Promotion of Integral Human Development
- Cardinal Orlando Quevedo - Archbishop of Cotabato
- Pope Francis and the Dicastery for Promoting Human Development
- Pastoral Models for the care of Migrants and Refugees in our Communities
- Integral Human Development in our Parishes
- Pastoral Care in a Multi-ethnic church
- The Church in Australia: Make up and Composition
- International Students
- Traditions in Spirituality, culture and identity