We’re being asked to observe Dry December in Wales. Not the easiest backdrop to running a hospitality business, but we can make it work. As our mother might have said to us “You don’t have to drink to have fun”. So we want to stay open. We might not make much money but it means our teams can be paid as fully as possible and maybe even pick up some tips.
So our plan is to remain open for lunch and to have sleeping guests to stay in the rooms and dine downstairs by the fire in the evening. And we’ll be open for coffee and other permissible drinks from 11am through to 6pm. Please come and join us if you can. Relevant and easily digestible bullet points below.
- We remain open for lunch 7 days a week through December (except 25 December).
- The Rule of 4 still applies in Wales, so come with friends or with family. And no legal restrictions from visiting from within Wales, or now from neighbouring Herefordshire or any other Tier 2 county in England.
- Lunch in December includes a £25 3 course Prix Fixe menu which looks frankly delicious. Or Sunday lunch at £27.50.
- Our rooms remain open through December.
- The Winter Escape remains in place from Sunday to Thursday from £175 for two for Dinner B&B.
- You can have dinner downstairs by the fire and we can indeed bring proper drinks to your room. Enquiries here.
- Our annual Christmas lunch for those who live around us. This year in duplicate as we feel that getting together with neighbours should resonate more than ever.
- Saturday 12 and Friday 19 December. 1pm.
- £23.50 for three courses, crackers and bad jokes. Book your table here.