State of the Step Sisters - February 2016
The Step Sisters had a phenomenal 2015!
- We raised record net proceeds from our major fundraising events: the Ribbon Run, Think Pink Auction and the Scramble.
- We received generous donations throughout the year, including our first grant from Tegna Foundation.
- We were able to expand our reach to support patients at two new hospitals, Inova Fairfax and Inova Fair Oaks! These two hospitals join Inova Loudoun in helping the Step Sisters continue to carry out our mission by funding house cleaning, transportation to and from treatment, food delivery and child care for their local patients.
The Step Sisters look forward to building on this momentum in 2016. Dates for our 2016 fundraising events have already been set:
Ribbon Run â€“ Saturday, April 16th
Think Pink Auction â€“ Friday, May 6th
Step Sistersâ€™ Scramble â€“ Thursday, October 6th
Please mark your calendars and join us! You can find more details on these events by reading below. As always, thank you for your continued support, think warm thoughts, and see you at the Ribbon Run!
Angela Fuentes, President
Our biggest fundraiser is around the corner on April 16th!... the 9th Annual Brambleton Ribbon Run 5k Run/Walk & Kids' Fun Run! Event registration includes:
Interested in sponsoring? We have a limited number of available opportunities remaining. Email Ashley@StepSisters.org for more details.
- NEW Course - This year we're presenting a new certified course which will minimize roads and wind through the scenic pathways of Brambleton. Stay tuned for a course map. Due to construction in Brambleton, we are unable to offer a 10k course for 2016. We hope to bring it back for 2017.
- Fundraising Teams! Form a team to represent a family, company or a group of friends and compete against other teams to see who can raise the most for the cause. Your team is encouraged to fundraise for the Step Sisters organization as you prepare for the event. We will have special prizes for our top 3 fundraising teams.
- Performance t-shirt (if you're registered by March 18th)
- Post-race "Grab-n-Go" breakfast, catered by Blue Ridge Grill included in your registration fees.
- "Sharon's Showcase," which is named in honor of Sharon Iglesias. Sharon bravely faced this disease three times before losing her battle. Sharon's Showcase is designed to connect the breast cancer community and educate attendees on the resources in our area. Thanks to the generosity of donors, all Loudoun County breast cancer-related non-profits were invited to participate in the showcase at no charge. We hope to make Sharon proud as we carry on her efforts to educate others.
This event cannot succeed without volunteers. This year's race will require more than 200 volunteers to ensure a smooth and safe event. To check out the opportunities, go to our VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP.
For more event details, or to register, please visit: www.BrambletonRibbonRun.com.
Mark your calendars - The Step Sisters' Think Pink Auction will be held Friday, May 6, 2016, 6:30 - 10 p.m. at Brambleton Corner Clubhouse (42255 Palladian Blue Terrace).
Come out for an evening of food and fun and bid on an item or two. There will be plenty of auction items perfect for Mother's and Father's Days, graduations, summer fun and more!
Looking for a fun and creative way to support our cause? Please view our sign-up site with opportunities to donate themed baskets for the auction...Have fun with it!
Our events are our primary funding source and we appreciate your consideration in supporting us. Net proceeds from the Think Pink Auction will go towards helping us continue our mission. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact Sarah Strohecker, firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay up-to-date on auction plans by visiting our event page.
As a thank you for generous donations and contributions to our mission, we have created this logo for Step Sisters, our vendors, and sponsors to use online. Feel free to display this logo to show your part in helping local women as they battle breast cancer. Also, keep your eyes open for car magnets with the same logo, coming soon! As always, we thank you for your support of The Step Sisters.
Watch for this logo!
As the Step Sisters continue to grow, so does our leadership! The Step Sisters would like to welcome Geri Wardlow as an Advisor! Geri has been a member of the Step Sister organization for several years and has played a key role in supporting Sharon's Showcase at the Ribbon Run.
Gear Up to Represent the Step Sisters!
Need official Step Sisters' gear to wear to one of our upcoming events or just around town to promote our organization? Check out our online store. We have a wide range of items...shirts, jackets, hats and more! We will be accepting online orders until March 3rd. These items are all sold at cost.
Thank you to our current preferred vendors for helping us carry out our mission!
Washingtonâ€™s Green Grocer
Stay tuned for new additions to this list soon!