Greetings Christ Church Anglican,
This edition of the newsletter has:
Thankful for all the wonderful gifts that are shared in this parish!
- a video from Josh Muhlendorf that explains the "Hootenanny"
- the RSVP links for the Men's Breakfast & Children's Ministry upcoming events
- information about the Parish Forum topic for September 8 on "A Vision Wall" and what that is
- plus dates and reminders for fellowship, studies and volunteer opportunities in September
In His service,
Debbie Cela, Communications
P.S. If you miss a newsletter or want to direct someone to a copy, there is a link to past issues of the newsletter on the home page of the church website.
Adult Sunday School
Sunday, September 4,
NO Sunday School, Labor Day Weekend
Office Closed - Labor Day Holiday
Monday, September 5
Mom's Study Group
Begins, Thursday, September 8, 9:30 AM, The Gathering Place
Thrive Express Fundraising Event "Imagine If"
Thursday, September 8, For more information>
Women's English Club Volunteers Needed
Hope Academy, Ongoing, Email for more information>
Catechesis Program Begins September 11
RSVP's Due to Erin Macdonald
Send Erin an email to RSVP for these events firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gospel Play Breakfast - RSVP due September 4. Event September 11.
- Parents' Night Out - RSVP due September 11. Event September 16.
Need to reach one of our clergy?
Fr. Craig - email@example.com
Fr. Bryan -firstname.lastname@example.org
PULSE OF THE PARISH
Invitation to Hootenanny 2022
CCA Member, Josh Muehlendorf provides a musical personal invite to the HOOTENANNY on September 10. Living Creatures Savannah welcomes the entire CCA family to Hootenanny 2022. We will be filling the Whitefield Center with Music, Stories and BBQ. Think Prairie Home Companion, Savannah Style!
Sunday School Returns
September 11 to Various Locations, 9:15 - 10:15 AM
Adult, Hebron Hall
- September 4 No Offerings due to Labor Day Weekend
- September 11 – The Rt. Rev. (Bishop) Abraham Nhial is a featured speaker at the upcoming New Wineskins Conference. He is the first Bishop of the Diocese of Aweil in South Sudan and has served since 2010. Bishop Abraham was one of the many "lost boys" of Sudan who were refugees of the Sudanese Civil War from 1987-2005. His memoir Lost Boy No More shares the story of his journey to safety and to faith from refugee to priest and Bishop.
- September 18 – Dr. Lauren Bayliss, CCA member & a member of the Communications faculty at Georgia Southern will address the “Faithful use of Social Media.”
- September 25 - Dr. Scott Hafemann, CCA member & biblical scholar will begin an 8-week study on “The Life of Abraham and the Life of Faith.”
Youth, Age Group: Middle School - High School (11–18-year-olds), The Chapel
September 11 - December 4: The Apostles' Creed
It's easy for our culture of individuality and innovation to shape the way we think about the church. But the Church is called to something greater. The Apostles' Creed Teen Bible Study
is a 12-week Bible study that takes students into the foundations of Christianity for a closer look at what we believe and who we are called to be.
Gospel Play, Age Group: 4-11, Children’s Room
Gospel Play uses the Montessori Method to immerse children in the holistic story of scripture. Moving with the Liturgical Calendar through different parts of the Biblical Narrative, children are encouraged to question and participate in the message of the Gospel - the Redeemer has come!
Nursery, Age Group: 3mths - 4 yrs, Nursery Room
Is available for 3 months to 4 years. Stay tuned for exciting developments for the youngest members of our faith family! God's Big Story coming Advent 2022!
Gospel Play Returns
Sunday, September 11, 9:15 AM, Children's Room, Wesley Wing
Breakfast will be served.Contact Erin Macdonald
our Children and Youth Ministry co-ordinator with questions and to RSVP for this event.
A Vision Wall for Hebron Hall
Parish Forum, September 8, 6-7 PM
We are creating a Vision Board to help us share Christ Church Anglican's calling to Worship, Mission, Catechesis and Life Together. What does this look like? How do we pray for our vision? How do we fulfill it? Come and contribute to the making of a vision board to answer these questions and more. All are welcome to come and prayerfully imagine what our vision looks like.
Men's First Breakfast & Mission
Saturday, September 10, 9:30 -11:30 AM, Hebron Hall
Don't forget that the Men's First Saturday Breakfast has been moved to the Second Saturday in September due to the Labor Day holiday. Join us for a time of teaching and fellowship on Saturday, September 10. Breakfast begins at 9:30 a.m. followed by lunch making for the homeless around 10:30 a.m. for those who would like to stay and participate. Max Belz will be the speaker this month.
Renew: A Seat at The Table
Saturday, September 10, 9:30 -11:30 AM, The Whitefield Center
How wonderful it would be if Jesus came to our homes for a meal as he often did with people! Sharing thoughts and conversation around the table allows for deeper conversation and sharing. With those things in mind, Renew has a new format and location. Please come to the Whitefield Center and join other women in a small group around a table for food and thoughtful fellowship. We will look at scripture where Jesus visited in people’s homes for a meal and discuss the scriptures and application to our lives. Saturday, September 10, 9:30-11:30, Whitefield Center.
Parents' Night Out
September 16, 6 - 9 PM, Hebron Hall
Sunday, September 4
The 13h Sunday After Pentecost (Proper 18)
Assisting in Worship
Schedule for those assisting in worship Read more>
* Nursery provided for infants through 4 years old.
- 8 AM, Holy Eucharist, Nave
- NO Sunday School- Holiday Weekend
- 10:30 AM*^, Holy Eucharist, Nave
- 8 PM^, Compline
^ Service Livestreamed on YouTube
Deuteronomy 30:15-20/Psalm 1/Philemon 1-25/Luke 14:25-33
Proper 18 Week of September 4
O Lord God, grant your people grace to withstand the temptations of the world, the flesh, and the devil, and with pure hearts and minds to follow you, the only God; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.
(From the ACNA 2019 Book of Common Prayer)
For the Diocese
Gulf Atlantic Diocese Prayer Cycle