Hello MLC Community-
With the mask mandate ending in Oregon yesterday, I wanted to just update you all on how we'll be handling things at the church.
Worship (Sundays and Midweek)
- Masks will no longer be required during worship services. However, we still recommend mask usage, especially if you would be considered to be in an "at-risk" category. Please be respectful of each other's decisions regarding personal health and safety.
- Communion will return to pre-pandemic practices. No more individually packaged kits! For the time being, however, communion will take place at the front of the pews, with people individually filing up to receive communion. We will wait to resume communion "at the rail," most likely until after Easter.
- We will again be able to "share the peace." However, please be respectful of each other's boundaries regarding physical touch and distancing. In other words, ask, don't assume!
- If you are experiencing symptoms of any communicable disease, please stay home! The days of coming to church "with a minor cold" are over. If you suspect that you have been exposed to COVID, please follow CDC guidelines. Additionally, if you know that you have been exposed to COVID, please get a negative test before resuming in-person attendance.
- Please continue to practice safe practices, including hand washing and sanitizing.
Being able to return to "pre-pandemic" normal is very exciting. However, in the interest of being able to continue on this track, we need to also continue to be safe and cautious regarding our health and the health of our community.
- Mask usage while in the building during Preschool Operating Hours will continue to be mandatory. If you are meeting in an office or enclosed area not in proximity to preschool students, you may remove your mask, but masks must be worn while in the preschool wing, the fellowship hall, the kitchen, and walking the hallways.
Lenten Midweek Services
Our Lenten theme for our Wednesday evening series is "Practicing Prayer," and will feature Holden evening prayer as the service music, with conversations by myself and Linda Smith on different ways of praying, and how to incorporate those into your prayer practices. Hope to see you there!
March 9th - April 6th @ 5:00pm
Featuring Holden Evening Prayer
Topic: "Practicing Prayer"
Schedule of Topics
March 9th - Breath Prayer
March 16th - Praying through Music
March 23rd - Mandala/Visual Art Prayer
March 30th - Prayer through Movement
April 6th - Franciscan Prayer