SW Hood Avenue Bridge Maintenance Project
This spring, the Oregon Department of Transportation will begin bridge maintenance in southwest Portland. This work improves the weight capacity by adhering high strength plastic to the support beams under the bridge deck of I-5 at OR 43 (SW Hood Ave).
Work will begin Monday, April 29 and is expected to be complete by summer 2019 but is subject to change based on weather and site conditions.
Starting Monday April 29, lanes will be closed on SW Hood Ave under the bridge deck of I-5 for 15 nights of work. Lane closures maintain a safe work zone for the traveling public and construction staff. Traffic delays are expected.
- Nighttime single lane closures on SW Hood Ave, 10 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- Two nights of full closures of SW Hood Ave under the bridge deck of I-5, 10 p.m. – 5 a.m.
- No impacts to I-5 are expected.
- Sidewalks will remain open during construction.
When SW Hood Ave is closed at night, drivers will be routed south on I-5.
- Continue south on I-5 for 2 miles.
- Take Exit 297 (Terwilliger Blvd).
- Turn right onto SW Terwilliger Blvd and continue for 0.6 miles.
- Turn left onto SW Taylors Ferry
- Drive 1 mile, then arrive at OR 43 (Macadam Ave) and proceed north or south.
You can sign up for email alerts, learn about this maintenance project and travel impacts at tinyurl.com/HoodAveMaintenance. For 24/7 road conditions and traffic alerts visit tripcheck.com or call 5-1-1.