Bils & Rye
From The Earth!
We have been out and about again, visiting shows and studios and are delighted to be bringing a large amount of new work to the gallery.
Ceramic Art York took place last weekend in the Museum Gardens in York, in part of the celebrations for the opening of York Art Gallery. Fifty potters took part in a great show. We have now signed up several of the potters to exhibit with Bils & Rye over the coming months including:
- Eddie Curtis - work arriving late September 2015
- Margaret Curtis - work arriving late September 2015
- Ashraf Hanna - to be announced
- Matthew Blakely - coming shortly
- Richard Heeley - in stock now!
- Kathleen Standen - in stock now!
- Jeremy Nichols - in stock now!
- Maggie Williams - coming soon!
- Ben Davies - coming soon!
- Fitch & Andrews - 2016
- James Oughtibridge - from November (at HIVE 2015)
- James Hake - from November (at HIVE 2015)
We also welcome Paul Wearing back to the gallery after a short break. New work is also in progress for our first exhibition in November by Chiu-I Wu, Akiko Hirai, Albert Montserrat, Guy Routledge, Paulo Alves and Midori Takaki.
We also had a chance to visit the studios of Raku artist Carla Pownall and collect lots more of her gorgeous pebble and signature pots. At the same time both our daughters got to throw their first pots. I have to say, their faces were a picture of delight. Sign up for a course with your local potter! We will be adding a page to our website shortly with details of where to go for really good lessons!
As we build up to our first big external exhibitions, we are taking orders for tickets for HIVE2015 in Harrogate. Please respond to this message if you would like tickets reserving and let us know if you would prefer to receive them in the post or by email!