Because of you...
Most of you PRAY and/or GIVE to support our family and ministry. Because of you...
* Men in our Rockwood church (asischurch.com) are being discipled to become DISCIPLE-MAKERS as part of Scott's discipleship huddle
* Rockwood neighbors are getting prayed for on the streets, given something to eat, and reminded that God truly loves them and there is hope in Jesus
* Scott was able to attend the Christian Community Development Association Conference in L.A. and learn from more experienced practitioners' lessons, principles, and methods in community transformation
* At-risk kids from broken families are being loved on by Vicki (and others) in our Sunday School ministry
* 2+ at-risk young men are in a long-term mentoring relationship with Scott
* Refugee kids (and their parents) are getting regular reminders (through the monthly outreach we lead from our church) that they are welcome and they are loved by the God who was Himself a refugee. This is done through playing games, sharing food, and having intentional conversations at an apartment complex where many refugees and immigrants in Rockwood live.
* A prayer group focused on the needs/opportunities of Rockwood has been formed and meeting weekly for 2 months. The goal is to multiply in the new year and have several such prayer groups around Rockwood focused primarily on prayer for the coming Luis Palau (evangelistic) Festival to be held in Rockwood summer of 2017.
* Planning Committees, made up of diverse members from various churches in Rockwood, are being formed to prepare for this summer festival which we trust God to use to bring many into His Kingdom AND further unite the Church in Rockwood.
* A Steering Committee of Christian leaders in Rockwood (chaired by Scott) has been formed and is being used to help deepen the unity of God's people in Rockwood.
These are just a few examples of how YOUR PARTICIPATION in this ministry is helping to build, in the long-term, a community transformed by Jesus so that nobody is invisible and everyone has access to food, freedom, and forgiveness...a community where kids will not be so vulnerable to being trafficked and adults will not want to traffic them. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND/OR FINANCIAL INVESTMENTS!
A Few Other Things...
* We are so grateful that our daughter Kendra, son-in-law Steve, and granddaughter Phoebe were able to visit us for TWO WEEKS! Also our dear friends (and Steve's parents) Themis and Donna Sirinides were able to have an overlapping visit for 9 days
* We hosted our second annual block party where about 40 of our diverse neighbors gathered together for 3 hours and shared food, played games, got to share pieces of each others' stories, had 2 grocery card raffles, and built relationships with new friends and old.
* We had a visit from Tom and Anne Stanczak (and son Daniel)! They are missionaries in Poland. Anne and Vicki have been friends since middle school, and we all worked together in Austria many moons ago. While they were here, we were also able to have Mark and Carey Chmarny (and son Oscar) join us for dinner. Mark was a 15-year-old refugee from Poland when we first met him in Austria. He came to Christ there, was discipled by Tom, helped plant a Polish church in Vienna (still there), and is now living about 40 minutes away from us! The fellowship and mutual encouragement with all of them was short but sweet.
* Our sons William and Kyle both are in Bible College in Greece, and our son Cody is working for a year at a Christian camp on the coast of Oregon, so there are only 3 of us in the house on a regular basis now. Come visit us!
* Nicky is currently visiting our team for a week, and staying with us. Formerly a missionary in Cambodia, she is checking out our team with a view to possibly joining us here.