IN ROCKWOOD AND BEYOND...
I was reminded again the other day when I had appointments with an Ethiopian man in the morning, a Ukranian man in the afternoon, an American kid and a Congolese kid in the evening that God has called us to a place where we can share His love with the NATIONS. The new statistics indicate that 88 LANGUAGES are spoken in Rockwood!
When we first joined our church our pastor told us he hoped we could help with discipling the many relatively new believers in the church. ONE STEP toward that is the Discipleship "Huddle" that Scott has recently started leading. Please pray for this small group of 6 men as they make a "high-level" commitment of 9-12 months to discern together what God is saying to each of them, to hold each other accountable to responding to God's voice with practical obedience, to engage in service projects together, to balance "invitation and challenge", and to "do life together" in all of the ways that Jesus taught His first disciples.
When each of the men finish this year, they will take another 6-8 through the same experience. If only 6 each would take another 6 men each time they finish a year....at the end of 6 years, that would be about 46,656 DISCIPLES...and since that is just over the current population of Rockwood by a few thousand, we are enthusiastic about how God will use this to change us and to see the nations transformed through Rockwood!
"Jesus didn't call us to build the Church. He said He would do that. He called us to make disciples. If you make disciples, you always get the Church. But if you make a church, you rarely get disciples." --Mike Breen
NEIGHBORHOOD BIBLE DISCUSSION...
Please remember to pray for our Thursday night Bible Discussion we host in our home for our neighbors. So far they aren't lining up down the street to join us, but we consistently have 3-4 others join me and Vicki for a quality time of looking at the Gospel of John and praying for each other. A few others have promised to join us but for now we are very pleased with the quality of hungry "students" who are joining us.
PRAISES AND PRAYER REQUESTS...
* God sent us a great intern from Texas...Catelyn is with us for 3 months and has a great servant's heart! She is a blessing to our team, to the community, to the at-risk girls she works with, to the refugee children, and to our partnering organizations she is serving. We will have 2 more interns join us from Mobile, Alabama for 5 weeks this summer.
* Scott's parents (and other brothers and sisters in Christ and other family members) held a garage sale on our behalf (as they usually do twice a year) and raised a very helpful sum of money to assist with our financial needs!
* William was accepted by Twin Rocks Christian camp as one of their (unpaid) interns in the Student Leadership Program this summer!
* Our teammate Michele was married this weekend to Wayne Lathrop and she will continue to work with us on a full-time basis. Additionally, we will be getting a new full-time team member June 2nd--Lindsey Boulais!
* International Teams and the Rockwood Community Development Corporation recently signed a Memorandum Of Understanding to make our partnership "official"!
Thanks so much for standing with us in this ministry through your prayers and/or financial support! We really do appreciate you! Let us know how we can be praying for you!