Ninja time is very very close!
Can you sense the ninja-ness in the air? Around here the air is bristling with gingery ninga-ness. By this Sunday morning it's intensity will peak ready for your annual ninjification.
- Where: Kinross Forest (near Orange NSW)
- When: Sunday 15th February 2015, 10am start (be there well before this to register - or even Saturday)
- What: 250 minutes (4 hrs 10mins) of racing, for solos and relay pairs, around a ~9km lap (as many laps as you can)
Online entries close midnight Friday.
Evo Cities Series
In case you missed it, this years Ginja Ninja is the first round in the Evo Cities MTB Series
. Make sure you check out the other rounds scattered around NSW.
- Registration opens at 3pm and closes at 7:30pm
- Demo bikes are available Saturday from 11am-4pm, see details below
- ** New Entries will not be taken on Sunday **
- Registrations open at 7am and close 9:30am
- Registrations will reopen after the race start but only for those who've entered online and before 11:00am
- Last rider through transition is 2:10pm
- Course sweep rider will follow the last rider through transition.
- Presentation will be ASAP after the race has finished and the course sweep has cleared the the track and results are finalised. ETA for the presentation is around 3:00pm
Prizes and Goodies
This year we again have a great prize pool on offer for place getters and lucky random give-aways.
Saturday the 14th
11am-4pm is your chance to test out some great new bikes at Kinross Forest, the day before the Ginja Ninja 250.
We have the following bikes available to demo:
- Merida One-twenty 7.900 sml, med, lge, XL
- Norco Sight C7.2 med (2), lge (2)
- Norco Range C7.2 med, lge
- Lapierre Zesty AM827e:i med, lge
- Lapierre Spicy 527e:i med, lge
- Lapierre Spicy Team med, lge
- Lapierre XR 729e:i med, lge
lease bring ID, pedals and an Aussie standards helmet.
The weather looks great for Sunday. There's a chance that we might get a little rain Saturday, that would be great, something to settle the dust. So far this week Kinross Forest wouldn't have had 1mm. So it's not likely last years mud will return for the weekend.
Food and Camping
- Camping at the forest is free.
- Cocos are providing coffee and the usual breaky stuff - pancakes, bacon + eggs, then assorted wraps and sausage sandwiches for lunch.
- We will be bringing a big drinking water tank but please bring your own water to make sure we have enough
- If you want a meal in Orange the best woodfire Pizzas in town are at the Hotel Canobolas. Plus a full menu of other options.
The race loop has a few changes from last year. It uses many of the same tracks but in a different order and a couple of bits that will be new to many of you. The GPS distance is about 8.4km. Here's a link to the GPS trace of the race loop. Here's an image of the elevation profile.
Live timing can be found here
throughout and after the event.
Drive out from Orange on the Ophir Rd, before you reach the rubbish tip, turn right onto Bulgas Rd. Follow this about 2km to the forest (the road turns to gravel). Some more detailed directions here
Make sure you keep up to date on our face book page