We are all excited about this development, which has been years in the making.
Would you pray for success?
General prayer request for those in a hurry:
Please pray that this experiment would lead to more and better translations and Christian growth among the translators, their families, and communities.
Specific prayer requests:
* that the training will stick (it was a lot in 5 days)
* that these tablets will be useful for making continued progress on some translation tasks even if we are hindered from meeting together
* that the methods for backing up translation data to local media or to limited Internet will preserve their work
* that the first five translators to receive their kits will inspire the other 13 who have also placed an order to complete their payments (they and their communities are paying for most of the the cost of these kits themselves)
* that this strategy of translators working on their own in their villages will continue to support our team value of collaborating together on many parts of the translation process, and not work against it
* that this strategy will encourage the translators to strengthen redeemed relationships in marriages, families, churches, and communities back in their villages
* that the robust equipment supplied with the kit for protecting this investment will prove effective
* that the training received in internet safety, discernment and accountability will strengthen their Christian walk
* that the translators who received the training will be leaders in passing on their training to others in their communities
Bonnie and I are grateful to the Lord that we can continue to help the translators while we are in the US caring for our parents. And we are grateful for your faithful partnership with us as we continue to help these men find the best ways to translate God's Word for their language communities.
Serving our King together,
John Nystrom (& for Bonnie)