Praying With Jesus: Lead Us Not
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Matt 6.13
This is possibly the oddest part of the Lord’s prayer. Certainly there is nothing odd about the desire to avoid temptation, but the way the Lord puts it is strange. You could argue that the suggestion is that the Father might Himself lead us into it. It’s a prayer asking Him not to, as if He might. We know that God is neither tempted by evil nor tempts anyone. So why would we ask Him not to do something He has no intention of doing?
There is also a link between the two clauses. Possibly deliverance from evil is the same thing as not being led into temptation. If that is so, it would mean that the primary prayer for deliverance from evil is the deliverance from our own evil, that is, what we are tempted by.
I don’t suppose we are very far from all kinds of temptation So this again is intended to be a daily prayer. Moment by moment we need His grace to 'foil the tempter’s power’.
Reminder - Gift Aid
Anyone putting in an offering to be treated as Gift Aid needs to put their name on the envelope and mark it as Gift Aid. If you have been given a reference number please write that on too as otherwise the Church can’t claim the tax back on your donation.
How to Stretch Your Offering without giving more!
Seems too good to be true but there is a way – read on!
2 Corinthians 9:7
“Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”
Giving is part of our worship to The Lord. Everything we have comes from His blessing on our lives. Many don’t realise that if you are a tax payer the money you give as an offering can be made to go further if you put it in an envelope or when you donate online and mark it as Gift Aid.
It is a really good way to increase what the Church gets without it costing YOU anything more!
The Church is able to claim back the tax you paid on the amount you gave!
||With Gift Aid
(Tax Relief) your Offering becomes
In other words the Church gets an EXTRA £1 from HMRC for every £5 you put in!
How To Set It Up
- Speak to Peter Wallerstein and let him know you want your regular offerings to be treated as Gift Aid.
- Once he knows you are interested then all it takes is a simple signature on a form along with your tax code.
- Only requirement is that you are a UK Tax Payer.
Sunday Physical Gatherings
10am: Church Gathering at Moss Street
11.30am: Family Service at Moss Street
1. Each meeting will last 45 minutes to one hour.
2. You must register EACH WEEK; registration opens 9am the Tuesday before.
3. You do this by contacting Chris by text, Whats App, phone, email, or Facebook Messenger.
4. You can come if you get a confirmation back
5. Please try to comply with all the Covid-19 protocols.
6. Offerings can be placed in stationary box on entry to auditorium.
10am: Church Gathering Live-streamed on Facebook
11am: YouTube Premiere: Lead Us Not
7pm: Communion on Zoom
If you plan to attend Life Church, please be prepared to observe the protocols below:
If you are shielding you should not attend until the shielding restrictions are lifted.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19 or are quarantined, you must not attend until you have completed your isolation period. All attendees at worship gatherings except the under 5's and those exempt.
1. You must register to attend due to number restrictions [40 in auditorium, 10 in cafe].
2. Sign in at Info Desk in cafe & sign out in stairwell foyer [to comply with Test and Protect]
3. Wash hands frequently & use the hand-sanitiser stations.
4. Follow the one-way system; enter by the café, exit by side-door onto Hunter Street.
5. Maintain recommended social distancing [eg 2m]; no hand-shakes or hugging please.
6. Comply with the seating areas set out in congregational areas.
7. No Bibles will be available on site. No leaflets will be available either.
8. Face-masks must be worn at all times & consider gloves for door-handles, light-switches, etc.
9. Toilets will operate on a strict one in-one out system with queue management system.
10. Leave building promptly at end, taking any rubbish with you and disposing of used PPE.
Thanks for Subscribing
Life Church is a recognised Scottish Charity no. SCO10956. Speak to any member of the Core Team about anything in the newsletter. The Core Team is Chris, Ruth, Peter, Irenée & Phil. You can sign up to receive the newsletter by email by registering on our website: www.lifeonline.org.uk. Or text 07475 944311 if you wish to be added to the church WhatsApp group.