On the Road to Shur
We’ve been looking at wilderness stories from the Bible. I want to share one with you that speaks to our current situation. Most of the biblical stories are small stories which make up one great overarching narrative telling of God’s particular plan to bring salvation to the world. This one might be regarded as a bit of a spin-off, the way that minor characters in TV series sometimes emerge to have programmes of their own. This story runs alongside the main story of Abram’s call to be the father of nations, and its important because it tells us that God cares for those who might not be major players in the great story, and that might be you. It’s a story of a vulnerable girl fleeing along the road to Shur. The road to Shur was a desert path which linked Canaan to Egypt. The video will be premiered on Life Church Paisley Youtube channel 11am on Sunday morning. Current Government Advice
Please note the current Coronavirus lockdown advice:
Everyone must stay at home to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
• shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible
• one form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk, or cycle – alone or with members of your household
• any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person
• travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home
Stay at home
• Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (but only if you cannot work from home)
• Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
• Wash your hands as soon as you get home
You can spread the virus even if you don’t have symptoms.Midweek Groups
7pm Wednesday Night Covid-19 Prayer on Zoom: 19 minutes of prayer on Zoom.
7.45pm - How to Read the Bible: Biblical Story - watch the 5 minute video then discuss.
[Prayer Changes Things graphic is uploaded]
Both of these will be accessible by email invitation; if you have not received a Zoom invitation so far by email, contact Chris to get on to the specific Zoom database.