Octopi and Printrbot Simple Metal!
Better late than never, May's Make Anything, Anywhere blog is about making your new machines go wireless!
Okay so we're pretty late about getting this blog post out to you folks. That's because we've been busy building new machines, configuring wireless printer servers and getting to better know all of YOU in our community. Thanks so much for being patient with us.
This month’s Make Anything, Anywhere Blog is all about setting up your 3D printer to be able to print from any browser connected to your home Wireless network thanks to the folks at Octoprint.org. We're also reviewing the new Printrbot Simple Metal.
And now, let's take a second to focus on you, our You3Dit community:
- You guys have been awesome - customers love you! Many thanks to all of you helping us bring people's ideas to life using your design and 3D printing skills! Go you!
- Our community is growing - last month we calculated that we have over US$1.6M in desktop manufacturing tools distributed over 16 different countries world wide, with Spain leading the pack for the total number of 3D printers, desktop CNC machines and other bots. Our designer network is distributed across more than 23 countries that can design in over 66 different design software platforms.
- Most popular Bots and Design Software in the You3Dit network
- Prusi i3 - with +20% representation in our network. Runner up: Makerbot Replicator 2
- Solidworks - with +16% representation in our network. Runner up: AutoCAD