What is BB4K?
Bounce Back 4 Kids (BB4K) is a support programme developed by PACT that uses therapeutic techniques to support children who have been victims or witnesses of domestic abuse. The programme works with the children and their parents or carers to come to terms with experiencing family breakdowns. The programme consists of children’s support groups run concurrently with parent support groups.
The BB4K programme has a number of key aims:
- To help break the cycle of domestic abuse
- To raise children’s self-esteem and to give them an opportunity to explore and express their feelings through fun, child-focussed activities, in a safe therapeutic way
- To improve children’s school attendance and learning and development
If you have a child you would like to refer, it is important that they meet the following criteria:
- Children have witnessed or been victims of domestic abuse and are displaying challenging / withdrawn behaviour
- Children must be aged 8-10 years old
- Children must be able to acknowledge the hurting that has happened in their family and be able to talk about it
- Children must want to attend a BB4K programme, they cannot be forced to attend
- Parents/carers must be willing to support the child throughout the BB4K programme
- The perpetrator must have left the family home and be out of the relationship
For more information on the group, and for a referral form you can look at the PACT website: (please look at the different subheadings on the left hand side of the webpage) http://pactcharity.org/community-projects/bounce-back-4-kids Deadline for referrals is 01/02/2017.